Here are some books to get you started on the path to self-discipline:
On the Disciplines:
- Spiritual Disciplines for the Christian Life; Donald Whitney
- Disciplines of a Godly Woman (or Man or Young Man); Barbara (or Kent) Hughes
- The Discipline of Grace; Jerry Bridges
- The Giant Killer; A.L.O.E.
- Power of a Praying Series; Stormie Omartian *Great for beginning in prayer, but be discerning with her theology*
- With Christ in the School of Prayer; Andrew Murray
- The Ministry of Intercessory Prayer; Andrew Murray
- At the Throne of Grace; John MacArthur
Note: Binding or commanding Satan is not biblical. If this concept is mentioned by a teacher, author, or theologian, I would be very leery of their theology.
On Bible Reading:
On Bible Memory:
- Joseph’s Shield; Pansy.
- Contenders for the Faith; Jeffery A. Zakula*
- Keepers at Home; Susan D. Zakula*
- Truth and Grace memory books; Tom Ascol
*These books are great introductions to the disciplines for children!
On Bible Study:
- Joseph and the Gospel of Many Colors; Voddie Baucham
- Precept Upon Precept Studies; Kay Arthur
- Discover for Yourself Studies (for kids); Kay Arthur
- Kay Arthur devotional studies; Kay Arthur
I hope that these resources help you on your journey toward holiness and a deeper relationship with Christ!